This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Buzzard , same as your axle, after cooking,but not stuck

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:06 pm

I'd better be careful. If Pris starts getting rid of things that are in her hair I just might be next. :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:34 pm

Cecil (53 Cub) wrote:What do you need. I think rebar and wire correct? Jackman. If the oil tank is plastic you're ok. Steel will conduct electricity and not work so good. Eventually the process will eat a hole in it. I think. But maybe the experts on electrolysis know.

Put a negative line on the tank and it will be fine. If might rust if it stands around unused with solution in it, but not while in use. In fact, with a - lead on the tank, you can clean parts by just putting them in the tank. An electrical connection to the tank is the only connection they need. Of course, if the inside of the tank is rusty, you will be derusting the tank I have a stainless steel tank. I have used to rerust parts.

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:26 am

When you guys are putting this idea together take different pics of the different tanks at different angle's that you build for us people that can't be at the fest :D . Then someone can put it in the form arcive list. I know I have seen these on this form before but we all forget where to look :wink:
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:50 pm

I was going to try to be neat, orderly and etc like Rudi's tank.... but it needed to be in operation NOW.... So I took my 18V DeWalt circular saw and hacked the top off the 55 gallon drum that was behind my garage for 10 years or so.

Not rocket surgery.... I use the cheap plastic clamps from Lowes (to hold the rebar), rebar (SS is banned in my garage), a variety of jumper cables and a scrap 1x4 with a couple of eye hooks in it. The two big secrets are, keep the rebar clean (that job rots, a wire brushing every day and a wire wheel in the yard after a few days) and good connections.

It is probably best to give a joint compound bucket a test drive (that one has a bamboo plant stake as the 'holder') to test it out.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”