This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tires and Tubes

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TrainsNTractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Tires and Tubes

Postby TrainsNTractors » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:16 pm

Do the rear tires of the cubs come with tubes? I got a leak the other day and all of the calcium came out so I was wondering if when I break the tire down will I find a tube in there or will my rim be all eaten away from years of calcium attacking it. :roll:
Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:23 pm

It is tube type. Part of the protruding valve stem probably can be removed separately before demounting the tire.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:36 pm

When you dismount the tire you will see any corrosion damage. Be sure to clean up the corrosion then repair and repaint the inside of the rim.

Wash the tube, tire (outside and inside) and rim with water to remove any calcium.

Eugene

TrainsNTractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TrainsNTractors » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:09 am

What would you folks use for the rust? Can you still get Redlead paint?
Or should I sand blast or maybe the stuff that turns the rust to that black color.

What do you all like?
Dan

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:48 am

I just did this to my rims this summer. I would get a grinder and put a wire brush on it, then clean the whole rim inside and out. Next fill all the holes by welding them up. next spray the entire rim with OSPHO rust converter, then wait 24 hours. Finally I sprayed the inside of the rim with SLIP PLATE it's a non greasy lubricrant that dries on contact,(farmers use it on machinery all the time).

Key point: make sure you have no rough burrs or areas on the rim, your tubes need to float around freely and not rub and get caught, you'll get a hole in your tube.

check out this job by cowboy: the thread is titled "Clems rim repair"
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewto ... light=rims

Return to “Farmall Cub”