This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Demonstrator?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:04 pm

Brandon Webb silverta16 wrote:I asked the owner to get the engine serial number for me, he just then emailed me , said it's : 1C8939. Is that a power unit block? I don't know. Brandon.

That engine number is only an indicator of failing eye sight. Closer inspection would no doubt show it to be 108939.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

awander
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18972
eBay ID: ohawiseguyeh
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby awander » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:40 pm

Geez, Dave, you really set a discussion off, didn't you!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Andy Wander
UBE, PA
'52 Farmall Cub "Wile E."
'72 Int'l Cub "Bugs Backhoe"
"Men are from Earth; Women are from Earth. Deal with it!" (attributed to George Carlin)

dpmacv
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dpmacv » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:56 am

Well Andy, I did ask for peoples opinions, and I certainly got them! As for now, I'm going to concentrate on getting the fluids drained and changed and inventory what needs to be done to bring it up to snuff. Meanwhile, I'll be pondering all my newfound knowledge and trying to decide what to do next.

Thanks everyone.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's to dark to read." -- Marx

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:26 am

I think it is a demo, There is no telling that rep's didn't have accidents with one and needed another, or maybe one bloow up, Rather than fixing it IH chose to send a new one out. Red is a bleeder color and it is a chore to paint over it, especly white, it could have easly bean done when IH was painting other special order colors. I'm sure things were the same then as now,They should of"' . :D

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:39 pm

:!: there were alot of cubs painted white from the factory and didnt have anything to do with the demonstrator program.It had alot to do with customer preference such as state, township and parks.many state parks back in those days wanted their equipment painted white. I would be very skeptical of this cub being a demo because of the High serial number and casting codes. In many instances the serial number is the iceing on the cake. In my demo cubs case it had never been restored. it had been painted red over white. the underside of the floorboard was covered with red, no white showing till i scraped the red. Under the hood was dirty and greasy and rusty. hardly any paint there. Everything had white under the red even the wire harness generator starter and radiator fins. the tractor was beat to death. All the casting codes matched and indicated 1950. all the month codes indicated withnin the first 3 months of 1950. Then the serial number fell well within the demo program.as i stated before in a previous post, i know of 3 cubs that were painted white just to be called a demo to bring more buyers and money and ive heard of a lot more being painted white just because the owners liked white. A real true demo is sometimes hard to determin. I doubet there are many true demo cubs out there. I would say that more C demos survived.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Postby Brandon Webb » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:01 pm

I'd like for someone to show me a picture of an original white cub that was used by a hospital, state dept., or park service, etc. I've seen yellow, and orange, but never a white one. I know they'd paint them any color if you paid, but I don't think white would be to common. This tractor's castings fall within the first 3 months of 50, the serial number is outside "the range" but this tractor could have been torn up and issued a new serial number. The owner of this tractor spoke with the man that he recently purchased it off of, and the previous owner stated that it had white all over it, that he spray painted and brushed it red, before he sold it to him. This tractor has more white paint on the floorboard than most demo's including mine. Here is mine, after I pressure washed it, it's a 103,xxx serial number with all castings in the first 3 months of 50.
Brandon :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”