This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Finally Running/ Parts for Woods mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
capecodcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Finally Running/ Parts for Woods mower

Postby capecodcub » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:22 pm

First off, due to the help on this board, my 48 Cub is now running. The problem was a weak spark and a new Mag coil did the trick. Run's like a top. Have a couple of Hydraulic leaks, but other than that it is great. Thanks so much.
A 5ft belly mower came with this tractor but I seem to be missing the idler pulleys and associated hardware to make the transition from the where the belt leaves the PTO pulley to where the belt goes horizontal again to the mower deck. Can someone let me know if these pulley's/ parts are available and where. Also looking for a complete generator setup while I am begging for help.
As they say, "your first Cub is your best". (Maybe I just made that up!)
David Svarczkopf

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:46 am

If you give me the model number I can check tomorrow. We are a Woods dealer and I gave access to parts manuals. I would venture to say that it will not be a problem. There are very few parts that I have not been able to get.

capecodcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

part numbers

Postby capecodcub » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:50 am

Cecil, thanks for the reply. I couldn't find any numbers on it. It is a 3 blade unit. /Users/david/Desktop/cub mower.jpg
Hopefully you wil be able to open that above link. Mine looks just like this one Ralph has for sale. I am looking for the part leaning against the wall. Thanks again and let me know. I would order right away.
Daivd
David Svarczkopf

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:52 am

Link did not work. Is this a belly mower?

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:34 am

Howdy again Neighbor... here is the link for the Woods manuals The ones for a Cub are 59 C 1 and C 2, with the C2 being the later one (not to be confused with the IH/Danco C-2)
http://www.woodsequipment.com/manuals/T ... _mower.asp

I think the parts you are looking for will be very pricey. Take a look at my photos and you should be able to spot what you are looking for. I just noticed that the PTO shield is missing from the pictures, but everything to mount the mower is in there.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... ods%2059C/

The part that holds the pulleys and the stinger is pretty substantial, actually more 'complex' than the similar one for the IH mowers. Sorta like a trailer hitch frame. Possibly Ralph would be able to help you out, I know he runs into Woods mowers from time to time. He also has the blades that you need.

Hey Cecil, when you get a chance... if you could give me an idea of the cost of the gauge wheel I would appreciate it. No hurry, I'm still working on the snow plow!

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:41 am

David, be sure to send an email to Ralph or check his website. My cub came with a 5' woods mower deck, but apparently it was not for a Cub but for a different model tractor all together. I ended up finding the parts I needed from Ralph, so be sure to check with him.
Mike Duncan

capecodcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby capecodcub » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:03 pm

Buzzard,
I am back on my dilema with trying to make my Woods Mower work and went back over your reply to me earlier. And lo and behold there was the Woods manuals I was looking for! Plus I checked out your pictures and your Cub is beautiful. Nice work. We will have to hook up at some point so I can get some pointers and tips on how to restore mine. Thanks
David

Buzzard Wing wrote:Howdy again Neighbor... here is the link for the Woods manuals The ones for a Cub are 59 C 1 and C 2, with the C2 being the later one (not to be confused with the IH/Danco C-2)
http://www.woodsequipment.com/manuals/T ... _mower.asp

I think the parts you are looking for will be very pricey. Take a look at my photos and you should be able to spot what you are looking for. I just noticed that the PTO shield is missing from the pictures, but everything to mount the mower is in there.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... ods%2059C/

The part that holds the pulleys and the stinger is pretty substantial, actually more 'complex' than the similar one for the IH mowers. Sorta like a trailer hitch frame. Possibly Ralph would be able to help you out, I know he runs into Woods mowers from time to time. He also has the blades that you need.

Hey Cecil, when you get a chance... if you could give me an idea of the cost of the gauge wheel I would appreciate it. No hurry, I'm still working on the snow plow!

Larry
David Svarczkopf

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:49 pm

Is this for the 59? If so I will check tomorrow.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:10 am

David, glad to be of help. And thanks for the compliment!

One suggestion for those parts is to buy the whole mower for a Cub.... sounds crazy but sometimes you can get decent deal on the whole thing on eBay. One advantage of getting the implement(s) with the tractor is that it usually comes with what you need. Indeed the devil is in the details, especially for mowers with their brackets, pulleys and such.

Cecil, no hurry... mostly I am just curious about the cost of the wheel for now.

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”