This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another Contest

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Another Contest

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:05 pm

Being that time of year in which we cherish those that are close and far, and for the goodness of others. I have come find the people of this site more than willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help one another out with just about anything. So in that spirit, this contest arises. I would like you to nominate members of the board, that have gone out of their way to be of assistance to you in some way.

The entrys taken till i go to sign on Tuesday morning. If you don't have some one to nominate, pass along your vote to one of the stories shared here. Tuesday after reviewing all the entrie(s), i will (with your help) narrow it done to two choices. And then place them in a new post with a poll option.

An example would be EJP nominating Cub Bud for redoing his dad's tractor for him. However since that is SO FAR AND ABOVE the call of duty, no one else would have a chance to win the contest. SO EJP use something else, so the rest of us have a chance. :shock:

John

oh the prize, I will mail this to you, maybe too late this year, but there is always next year :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Postby brichter » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:41 pm

The most logical choice would be Rick Prentice, AKA BillyandMillie, for all he has done for the entire board whether it be fabricating wonderful little addons for our Cubs or loading and unloading Cub Express trucks at the Cubfests and Cubarama. No one else on the board does so many varied tasks for anyone needing his services.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:21 pm

I second Billy Ray's nomination. I have personally been the beneficiary of Rick's unprecedented generosity on several occasions.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:22 pm

John, you have eliminated my first pick, and so many have done so much both for me and others the choice is hard. since BR has nominated Rick, I think I will nominate Ralph, not just for what he has done for me, but the many other also. or should it be Geroge W, Donny m, or? decisions, decisions.

Guess I'l go with Ralph.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:39 am

Thanks for those kind words, but my choice would also have to be Ralph. It never fails, when I make the trip to Ralph's, it's impossible to come home with the one item I went down to get. Ralph always makes you feel like it's Christmas, no matter what month it is :D

He always makes the comment: "I'm not in it for the money reasons, but as a hobby to help everybody keep the Cubs alive."

Thanks Ralph and his always helping son, Camo,
Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:49 am

This was a hard decision for me and I also wanted to pic Rudi. Anybody who has spent any time at all on a computer, know how much a PAIN they can be at times. Rudi has spent enless hours gathering imformation from all over the globe and transfering it on this site, JUST FOR US.

Thank you RUDI, your hard work has not been taken for granted by me. I know all the time you've spent loading and downloading.

Your friend,
Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:04 am

My Vote Would Go To GEORGE WILLER (although, like EJP, I'm torn between SEVERAL IDEAL CHOICES which would ALSO include BIGDOG, RICK PRENTICE, RUDI, RALPH, JIM BECKER & DENNIS RANEY).

GEORGE WILLER has ALWAYS been one of the FIRST on the FORUM to help solve a problem...post a solution...share a photo...host a Cubfest...attend countless Cub functions...AND, ALWAYS BE 150% WILLING TO BE HELPFUL TO ANY CUBBER...ANYTIME ...THANK YOU GEORGE! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:56 am

I WOULD HAVE TO GO WITH EITHER GEORGE OR RALPH ALSO.BOTH HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL AND KIND TO A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!!!KETCHAM
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:54 am

Rick has helped me on sevaral occasions now and is very generous. Although I have found everyone on the forum to be a great help to anyone no matter what! 8) 8)
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:30 am

Let's not forget Dennis. Without his efforts to maintain this site none of this would be possible.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

After further review

Postby brichter » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:57 am

I just don't think you can isolate one member for this honor. My first impulse was to nominate Rick Prentice because I instantly remembered his help at DeGraff and other get to gethers in loading and unloading trailers of Cub equipment. But upon reflecting on other days, I thought about my first Cubfest, BigDog and Miss Janet made us feel as if we were old members instead of newbies. I am sure they have done the same thing for the rest of the crew when they first joined. Then there is the Kentucky Flash, the Godfather of Cub parts suppliers, my friend Ralph. Who has not heard his famous words, "Okay, here's the deal"? How can you leave out a man who values helping others more than money?

Then of course our patron saint, Mr George Willer, who has saved more members and new cub mechanics than all the superheros around. He is definitely in a class of his own.

I could go on all day about the members of this forum such as EJP, who lights up a bunch of lives with his humor and help, Russ Leggitt, who gives up a lot of his time at the Cubfests to help others get started in the world of electrolysis, Bud Fisher, Jr. and Sr., who showed us all just how far we should go to give another member pleasure and fulfillment by their deed for EJP. Donny M, Ron Whiting, Lurker Carl, and all the rest of the Cub Express drivers and contributors and so on and on.

I give up, I can't pick just one.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:08 am

after careful thought , i think i will have to agree with Bigdog and vote for Dennis for making the whole forum possible , since it is my favorite place with my favorite people .if there was a 2nd place ,Ralph ,Bigdog and George Willer would all be holding the platinum cub adorned trophy. thank you for all of your help guys and the other Cub Pros who have helped me out in the past , you all know who you are , thanks a bunch 8)
Last edited by brian kov on Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

jensele
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jensele » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:14 am

There are many super-heros on this site and I wouldn't want to have to pick just one of them. But, that said, the person who has gone out of his way to help me the most personally was Rick Prentice when he sent me pictures helping me find the grease fitting on my throw-out bearing. Thanks to Rick, thanks to all the super-heros, and thanks to all.
Utah Lynn

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:15 am

Dennis:
The silent one behind the scenes!
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

Redman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Redman » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:04 pm

:?:
Last edited by Redman on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Farmall Cub”