This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Compression check and spark plug?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:56 pm

Buzzard Wing wrote:Using Kroil eh?? I thought SeaFoam was preferred.... Starting to run short of Kroil these days and SeaFoam is available at NAPA.
Depends on what you are doing. for something rusted, or just stuck Kroil is my choice. for cleaning up a running engine, i use Seafoam in the gas.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:25 am

So the Valves do make a big difference! About the same readings I got on the 50, after I set the valve lash. Probably not too wise for me to have waited until I was nearly finished with the rest of the Cub to do that, but sometimes luck trumps wisdom.

Yep John, that was what I was thinking... getting a bit tight on the Kroil supply and don't plan on needing a whole lot on the new tractor since I ain't gonna take it apart.... :roll:
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:47 am

I would be happy with 90 across the board I mean not uptimal I suppose for cutting grass but if you get the seafoam in there and maybe it will rework the rings and help you out!
Chad

Return to “Farmall Cub”