This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Surfacing driven clutch plate on 154

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ILL John
10+ Years
10+ Years

Surfacing driven clutch plate on 154

Postby ILL John » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:27 pm

My plate is really pitted. How much can be removed to clean it up? This is an early 154, has the bolt thru the trans input shaft holding it on. Sorry for taking your time, my manual isn't here from Oregon yet & I need to get the machine work and assembly done so I can adjust it properly when the manual gets here. Thanks, John
MM stuff and a Lowboy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:35 pm

John, unfortuantely I do not have the answer to your question, but if for some reason the face is that pitted (rust or whatever) there is a good possibility the springs are also deteriorated. I would suggest considering a new or rebuilt pressure plate.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:01 pm

I wouldn't worry about the pits at all. They won't measureably affect the function of the clutch. What I would be concerned about is the rust which is harder than the intended surface of the disk and can damage the friction surface. Sandblasting will remove it and normal use will restore the smooth surface.

If spending more money than necessary is your bag, ignore this advice.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

ILL John
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ILL John » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:27 pm

We're not talking about the clutch pressureplate, it's the other side of the disc which is on the trans input shaft. I've wirewheeled it, it's been setting a long time, the plate is pitted alot, might take .150 to clean it, the backside where the trans brake runs is in really good shape, hard to figure :? I'm installing a rebuilt pressureplate, disc, t/o brg, etc, just don't want to have to take it apart again to get it right. Also, how do you streach the clutch return spring to hook the other end?
MM stuff and a Lowboy

Return to “Farmall Cub”