This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I broke down today, it finally came....

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

I broke down today, it finally came....

Postby BigBill » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:01 pm

I ordered a Hand Operated Tire Machine and bead breaker. It can handle up to 16" rims. I was thinking about down the road copying it and to super size it to take the bigger rear tires apart/assembly them too. It came with free shipping. I have the larger tire spoons too. I'm out fitting my shop right now just a little at a time. I should of continued with this many years ago when i was restoring/selling gravely tractors. I just miss the smell of the exhaust when they first fire up, with cubs, cub cadets and gravely's its the samey same.....

But you have to stay out from inbetween the handles on the gravely they can kick like a horse if your too close inbetween them. I seen my DAD get sit right down winded when he was snow plowing the sidewalks in high gear and he hit a seam in the sidewalk with the plow edge. That handle in the ribs didn't look good then. I did it once while rotary plowing a garden, i was backing up and walking too slow i got wacked and the pain lasted for hours. Never, never get between the handles on a gravely thats the "grave" part of it. What a two wheeled tractor its unmatched to this day. I put the gravely tractor in the light farm equipment catagory.
On the rebuilt strap start gravelys i would pull the strap so hard the tractor would come up off its wheels for a split second.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

mrkleen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mrkleen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:52 pm

I know exactly what you mean with the Gravely tractors. I have fooled around with them for years but now that I can't duck and dodge as fast as in my youth, I think I'll ride for a while. :lol: Hello CUB.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:11 pm

I'm with MrKleen.... The reason I got a Cub in the first place was so I didn't have to mow with the Gravely anymore! Oh boy, that field used to get mowed once a year and now, with a Cub, it gets about 5 haircuts a year.

Nuttin like dropping a wheel into a stump hole to wake ya up!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... a37378.jpg

I sold the Gravely after I got another one cheap.... L8 with a snowblower, dual wheels, chains.... etc. Should test it out soon. At least this one has a kill button on the handles! As far as I'm concerned that Gravely rotary mower can sit for a long time before I am desparate enough to use it.... Cubs Rule!

The tire machine is a good investment. Scotty's dad helped me out with the fronts on the red Cub.... nice!

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:16 pm

Those curtains hanging around the mower were a job well done.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:48 am

Most of the curtains were there.... but I have done my share of adding to the walls. No shortage of rocks on the rock farm. Tougher to harvest than most crops.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:20 pm

When I worked for the Ohio Div of Wildlife I was operating a Gravely mower like the one shown, 5 ft burdock, 1 " plus stalks, The amazing part was the young wood chuck that popped his head up while I was over his hole, the front pivoted slightly an couple times and thump, thump , out he came , never missed a beat.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

bear4work
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bear4work » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:10 pm

yeah i have a few old Gravelys and they are handy. Then again i am 16 years old and i can see how they would be hard to handle. when i was little i had to pull start my grandpa's 1948 L by putting both feet on the side and then pulling. i dont know how i'm still alive, haha. :D
a few old Gravely L's

1969 Cub Cadet 126 with 42" mower - sold :(

a green lawn tractor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:39 pm

Changed the rear tire by using a sissor(?) jack and the platform hitch on the work van. Broke the beads easily.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Farmall Cub”