This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wiring help?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Sam1911
10+ Years
10+ Years

Wiring help?

Postby Sam1911 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:30 pm

Hi!

One of my next projects on my '58 Lo-Boy will probably be to replace all the wiring. While, apparantly, everything but the lights work, there is a tangle of fraying wiring, some of which just ENDS, hanging off the engine on the right side, and I'd like to tidy it all up. Also, there is a plastic box, maybe 1-1/2" x 2" x3", zip tied to some wiring just in front of the distributor. I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't look "right" dangling by a zip tie.

Is there any guide to re-working the wiring on line, or even a pre-made wiring harness available? Or is this machine so "simple" that I should be able to rig it up correctly without assistance?

Much obliaged!
-Sam

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:01 pm

These a schematics of the wiring. It may help you understand what you really have. There are some different wiring harnesses for different years and if a previous owner has modified, you may have to inprovise.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIn ... 065733&f=0
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Sam1911
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Sam1911 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:10 pm

Thanks! I'll take a look.
-Sam

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Harnesses are available, I think still from CaseIH as well as from sources of repros.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:19 pm

http://ihregistry.com/wiring/master.html

Scroll down to section K (?) then your model and serial number for the wiring diagram. Then select the correct thumbnail.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:50 pm

Depending on what Cub, factory harnesses run 45 to 80$. I have had decent luck with a couple of aftermarket harnesses on ebay for my 6v Cubs, but they don't know what they are selling most of time (no lighting wires but they are there). At least when you get it from a dealer you get the right thing. OEM and others are MORE money than the factory ones.

I highly recommend the Operators Manual from CaseIH too, very good wiring diagrams for all Cubs.

I could make a harness, but with the store bought ones you get the right guage wires, connectors and colors.... and it is wrapped up nice.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)