This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Got the cub's engine unlocked....now what do i need to do.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
8N_Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Got the cub's engine unlocked....now what do i need to do.

Postby 8N_Cub » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:05 pm

I have recently taken the pistons out of my Cub because the engine was locked up. What will I need to do to get it running again? The reason it locked up was because I let it sit for about 5 years.

Thanks in advance for the help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:59 pm

Sounds like a good time for an OVERHAUL!!

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Steve Butram » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:25 am

You related the engine was locked up, Were you able to detrermine why after the pistons were removed.My guess is that the cylinder walls are scared in some way shape or form so I would consider splitting the unit and overhauling the engine. Find a reliable machine shop that has experience with flat head engines. I have found with the cub engines I have worked on that the valve giudes have worn enough that will need to be replaced have them checked.You didn't mention the condition of the clutch or the transmission . so you may want to check the condition of them while you have the unit split. Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Return to “Farmall Cub”