This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

loaded rear tires

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
howser46
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: howser51
Tractors Owned: farmall cub

loaded rear tires

Postby howser46 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:20 pm

I have loaded rear tires on my cub. The end of the valve stem broke off the other day. What is the best way to fix it or should I take it to a dealer? I hope it's something I can change myself. Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:04 am

Howser, tractor tubes generally have a 2 piece valve stem. Where did it break? If just the outer end broke you should be able to un-screw it from the inner part and replace it with a new valve stem, if it tore out of the rubber, your best bet is a new tube.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

howser46
10+ Years
10+ Years

valve stem

Postby howser46 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:41 pm

It broke on the outer part. I have what they tell me is a replacement for it. Does the stem screw into the rim? The tube should be ok. Thanks for the reply.

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:09 pm

The part of the stem that is attached to the tube is held to the rim with a round "nut" that keeps it from falling back inside. The part that broke on yours screws into or onto (2 different types) the part attached to the tube.

HTH, good luck, post again if'n you run into any troubles. :)
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

howser46
10+ Years
10+ Years

valve stem

Postby howser46 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:14 pm

Thanks, I have the tractor at another location so it will be a couple weeks. I appreciate your help with this.

Return to “Farmall Cub”