This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic fluid leaking into engine oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jon-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulic fluid leaking into engine oil

Postby Jon-boy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:27 pm

I just inherited a '53 Cub in good running order with the exception that the hydraulic fluid leaks out quickly and seems to end up in the motor oil. Has anyone ever heard of this problem and if so, how do I fix it? Also, I will need to find a good, reputable, resonably priced parts supply outfit. I need parts manual, clutch parts, regulator, carb kit and maybe a seal/gasket kit for the hydraulics. Any suggestions? Also interested in learning more about what type of attachments would be available for this tractor regardless of whether they are stock or after market. Thanks in advance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:42 pm

Jon, you need to re-build your touch control (hyd) pump. That is where the hyd. oil is getting into the engine (bad seal). A fairly common problem with cubs.
If you have no Case IH dealer near you, you can find parts at several online places such as T.M. Tractor Parts, J.P. Tractor Salvage, Carter & Gruenewald etc. Just go to the main page of farmallcub.com and check the links to the advertizers. Some common parts are available from NAPA or other auto parts stores. Manual reprints can be obtained from Binderbooks.com. In the meanwhile, Check out Rudi's manual site (url is in his signature line)
Most, if not all this information is in the sticky post at the top of this forum. There's lots of good reading so take the time to check out the links on the home page. Dennis has put a lot of work into this site and it is a great tool.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:03 pm

Jon-boy,

Welcome to the board. You should have waited for one more Cub lover to register then you would have gotten a prize from Dennis :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had the same problem with my Cub awhile ago.
Try this linkhttp://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2343

Got all new rubber and it cost about $1
Good luck and again welcome. This is the place for info :!: :!: :!:

Jon-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jon-boy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:39 pm

Thanks Donny. What was the prize from Dennis for? I wish I had known! Maybe he will reconsider after he hears that I learned to drive on my cub and now I am teaching my 7 and 9 year old girls. It really is a thrill for me to be able to get back on this tractor after so many years.

I just sent an e-mail to Johnbron. I saw his name on the post you refered to and lo and behold - he lives very close to me. Hopefully I can pick his brain with questions on things.

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the help.

Jon-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jon-boy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:45 pm

Thanks Bigdog! I really appreciate all the help. I am not a mechanic and I have a retired diesel mechanic working on it. I have also tried to contact Johnbron because he lives so close to me. I hope that I am getting these forum responses back properly. I truly appreciate your help, patience and quick response to someone who doesn't know what he is getting himself into!

Return to “Farmall Cub”