This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

12 volt system question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jon-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

12 volt system question

Postby Jon-boy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:20 pm

My tractor had a 6 volt battery in it when I got it. As it was being dug into it was determined that I have a 12 volt alternator. I am guessing that the electrical system has been converted to 12 volt and I think I want to stay with that. What are all the things that I should look for to be sure that the 12 volt system that I have is complete? What all do I need to convert if it has not already been changed over to 12 volt?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:48 pm

Make sure you have a ballast resistor in the coil circuit and 12 volt bulbs in the lights. Other than that, just make sure the system is negative ground with an alternator and you may have to reverse the leads on the ammeter.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”