Switch to full style
Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

Dozer blade restoration

Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:38 pm

So this blade I got has been outside for a while and is pretty rusted. What is the best way to attack it in preparation to a good paint job?

Guy

Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:06 pm

Guy,

No question about it... sandblasting. Preferably by someone else, at their site. You'll get a good cleanup to bare metal without health risks and you won't have any of the mess.

The next step, although you didn't ask... I have my sandblast guy do the primer too.

I think it saves money too.

Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:32 am

Thanks George, would it be a good idea to get all the nuts/bolts broken free and replaced, then give the "disassembled" blade to a sand blast guy?

Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:12 am

Yes, that would be an excellent plan. Make any repairs first. If you're like me, you'll find enough other stuff to take too to make a trailer load.

Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:23 pm

Guy- Theres A place in Savege, Not far from you, Vally Equipment I think, Otherwise check with body shops, They usualy have smaller units that work good and primer and paint. "Jack" PS. I lost your Ph# ,E-mail me again. :lol:

Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:32 pm

Thanks Jack, I sent you an email.
Post a reply