This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Starter Switch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WCOX410
10+ Years
10+ Years

Starter Switch

Postby WCOX410 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:13 pm

My starter appears to have been rebuilt. When trying to install the new starter switch I noticed the pole coming up out of the sarter base was to high to correctly mount the new starter switch. I was wondering if any one new how much the distance is from the base of the starter to the highest point on the pole should be. It would save me alot of guess work if the great cub fans of this site new?

P.S I can't express how much I enjoy reading the post's on this great web site. Wendell Cox

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:48 pm

Any chance it was installed backwards?

WCOX410
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WCOX410 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:15 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Any chance it was installed backwards?

No Mr Becker

The pole is 15/16 inch from the base to the top

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:16 pm

I don't have one apart to look at or get a measurement off of. The reason I asked about the way the terminal stud was oriented is that I recall them as asymetrical with a fairly flat area for the switch's contact to hit. The switch contact moves in on a diagonal and the back side of the stud would probably stick out more than the flat side.

15/16 sounds like a lot.

Return to “Farmall Cub”