This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plowing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Plowing

Postby Harold R » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:04 am

I think I finally got my plow adjusted good enough to try it out. It's hard to believe that this is only about a 10 HP tractor. Turns a lot of dirt, although it was quit damp. This did work the tractor hard, but it never hesitated. If I had it to do over, I would have went with 8.5 rear tires instead of the 9.5's. Feels like it needs a lower gear. This should be the start of my spring garden.
HR

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Plowing

Postby Dan England » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:18 am

HR: I am glad to see that the plow is working for you. Did you get the depth adjustment lever functioning correctly? Dan

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:01 am

Hey HR ! Great plowing job! I just did mine in muddy Dec-see my post about it for pics.

I have a question/observation....looks too shady in that spot for a garden?? Will it get enough sun??
Marion

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:14 am

Dan,
I purchased a substitute drawbar from TM Tractor to use on the belly blade. It works really well. I'm trying theplow on it, adjusting the depth by shimming at the attach point. Here, I've put 1" spacers between the substitute drawbar and the plow mounting point, using the lift to raise and lower. Plow is turning about 10'' of soil, which I think is good. This was just a trial...I may stay with this set-up. I'll try to Send a picture of it up close. As far as the garden getting sunlight? The photo was late in the evening. As the days start getting longer...it should be enough. But I'm still learning.
HR

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:26 pm

Hey HR,

Great plowing job. I thought I recognized the terrain. Been to Monroe
many times when we lived in Natchez.

I broke up about 3 acres between mine and my moms this fall. Could pull most of it 6-8 inches deep in second. Realizing that this was a plowed
garden spot though.

You will enjoy the CUB.
:D :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”