This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb idle tube

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Carb idle tube

Postby EZ » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:19 pm

Well it's been awhile, but I got back to working on Frank and his carburator. I needed to replace the idle tube in the carb. Got the broken end out of the top half. Just last nite I got my set of 4-48 taps to re-do the hole ($15Cdn for a set of 3 which includes the bottoming tap). I re-did the hole and threaded the new idle tube into the top half of carb. The fit has a very small amount of play in it. Anyone have an idea of some sort of Loc-tite that will stand up to gas, or would crazy glue work? Maybe epoxy?
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Idle tube

Postby bscott » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:59 am

Where did you find one? I'm needing one for my '48. Dealer says not available.

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:31 am

bscott,
Part still available through Case/IH dealer, as well as most other parts.
I put a dab of Loc-tite to the threads and it is nice and tight now. Waiting for warmer weather now 'til I put the carb back on and try it out. I can get you the part # if you need it.
Just Do It !

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:32 pm

EZ. What color was your Loctite - red, blue or green? (in case I do the same) Give us a future post on how it worked. As per the specs, it seems blue would have been the best choice.......
Ron

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:29 pm

Ron,

Yup, I used the blue Loc-tite.
We'll have to see how it stands up to gas. My fit was not sloppy but you could feel the slightest amount of movement and I do not want the tube to work it's way out. Nice and snug now.

I'll let you know when I get the Loboy fired up again.
Just Do It !

Return to “Farmall Cub”