This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydralics/Throw out bearing/clutch/grader blade

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jon-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydralics/Throw out bearing/clutch/grader blade

Postby Jon-boy » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:26 am

Got the cub back together and ready to bring it home and put it to work but I ended up with a couple of questions.

My biggest "problem" with the cub when I got it was the hydralic leak. The seal kit seams to have fixed my problem. However, when I received the filter from the dealer I found it was 1/2" too long to fit. The one that was in it was 1/2" too short. Can anyone give me the proper brand and number for this?

The throw out bearing has a grease zerk in it but I could not see or understand the benefit or use of grease in this application. The bearing is fixed, it does not spin. I am not sure that I would even call it a bearing in this application. Where the bearing pivots in the yoke was very minor movement. Am I missing something as far as the purpose of the grease?

We had a problem with the new pressure plate in that the fingers on it would not seat level when we tightened it down. We figured it was defective. We put the old one back in and I hope it will last awhile. When installing the throw out bearing we discovered the rod that pushs it forward was bent significantly. We straighted it out. Upon testing, we determined that the throw out bearing yoke must be hitting the pressure plate when the pedal was depressed. I am guessing this is because we straightened the rod out. We solved this problem by welding a pedal stop so that you can't depress the pedal too far. I have about an inch of pedal on the clutch now. It works but will need to be fixed properly at some point in time. Any observations or comments?

The grader blade pictures that were sent from a previous post were helpful to a point. What I could not see was how the back end of the rod that holds the spring on the bottom of the blade was mounted. We made it work but I am curious if we did it properly. If there is a picture out there that shows this detail please send it on. Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:38 am

Jon-Boy:

Can't help with all the rest as it should be answered by those with much more experience.

However, for the blade - go to the manual server (click the link below) and look at the manual. It should cover all of your questions.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:41 am

Assuming the filter you are referring to is the touch control, my parts book shows a part number of 351 984 R92 for both early and late touch control systems.

The zerk allows you to pump grease in behind the graphite block, where the oil in the grease slowly seeps through the porous graphite.

Regarding the pressure plate fingers, they are adjustable on the Rockford (most common clutch). Also the amount of travel on the throwout bearing is adjustable by loosening a bolt on the clutch pedal (most models) or by an adjustment on the rod itself (very early models). You would save yourself a lot of headaches by getting a service manual either from your local dealer, or from http://www.binderbooks.com.

Regarding the blade go to Rudi's manual sever at http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html and go to the implements, then to the grader and leveling blade.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”