This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

update on progress, a couple of questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

update on progress, a couple of questions

Postby artc » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:36 am

Primer Pete's parts have mostly made it out of the de-ruster, sandblast, parts wash stage. Only things left to blast and prime is the front wheels and tie rods. oh, and the hood.

i was totally unsuccessful at returning the adjustable axel back to 'adjustable'. a week in the de-rust, heat, pb blaster, and the hydraulic jack set-up... nothing doing. soooo, i it's going back together as-is. perhaps i can find another axel that wasn't subjected to so much weather. but that's the only thing that refused dissassembly, so i'm happy.

my steering gears were junk, the seat post took nearly two weeks of coaxing before coming apart, and one front spindle nut was brazed in place. that was to hold a 5/8 NF nut on a 9/16 NF spindle. same spindle had extra timkin rollers floating around in the dust cap. they were catching on the brazed spindle and trashing the dust cap into the hub threads. i had to cut the cap off and carefully peel the cap away from the threads.

a couple of thing's came up.

1. both spindle tie rod links are the early bolt into spindle shaft type, yet one bolt is larger than the other? Both look factory done.

2. my PTO shifter lever shaft was about 1/4 inch too long? The replacement was the correct length.

i'll post up a couple of progress pic's when it's mostly reassembled.

my form of 'tractor fever', and i'm enjoying it immensely. :lol:
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:16 am

Artc,

I too share your fever but since we will be moving I don't want to get too deep into the 49's. I'm getting rather impatient and can't wait to get started.
Oh boy two tractors to rebuild. :D :D :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”