This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trying Something New

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:59 am

Findoggy:

Ever wonder how many twins are out there? Ever wonder why no-one can tell ya apart? Ever wonder why everybody you know will call you by your brother's name even though they know darn well which is which?

Did ya ever switch dates???? Did they catch on??

Reason I am asking is that I too am an identical twin. so bin there done that, some were even fun :lol: Spent the better part of 50 years almost trying to figure out these questions and more... now I just give up. Especially the female side of it. Never gonna figure that out.

Example:

I was posted to CFB Lahr in Germany in 83. My twin Randy was posted to CFB Baden-Soelingen and was rotating out just after we rotated in. I went to work one morning not knowing my brother was bringing me the Opel Manta that he had sold to me. I left for work and about 5 minutes later my brother rings the doorbell. Em looks through the peep hole, sees who she thinks is me, says to herself, now why is he ringing the bell and not using his key? Opens the door, opens her mouth and then shuts it real quick when she realized who it was..... :shock: :? :oops: :o

Life can be sooooo interesting! Especially when you are a twin!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:59 am

C'est très bon mon ami. Continuez le bon travail.
HR

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:01 am

Thanks Rudi
The link you gave me worked in Safari as well. :roll:

Wish I knew.

I did discover that some of the links that I thought would not load are inconsistant. Sometimes they work sometimes not. I have tried dumpimg cache but does not seem to make much difference. I will try increasing memory in my browsers. May help.

Keep in coming!:lol:

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:06 am

Hey Rudi, Thanks for all your time & efforts that you devote to all of us, I and all the rest of the gang I am sure really appreciate it.

"BUT", Dont get into to hot water with the wife as we needs you to survive, So She`s first & we can wait.

(Might be kinda cold out there in the dog-house using your P.C.) :twisted:
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:09 am

George wrote:

On my slow dial-up, it took a bit... so I downloaded it while doing something else. The quality was much better! I don't know if it can be printed out in a hard copy. I just saved it to my hard drive last night and opened it this morning. All that was there was pages of red X's. I'll try again later. If we can save the pages somehow, they will be much better.

George:

If you already have the jpeg's downloaded to an individual directory then it is easy. (I have individual directory structures built for the whole server so it is kind of easy) Just copy the html document to that directory where the files are and then they will all pop up. Do not change the file names though. Even on dialup it should not take too long to bring the jpegs down.

And yes, most definitely it can be printed. You can print the document simply by hitting the print button in your browser and it should print page by page. I will upload a two page version sometime today so you can test it. I really don't think it needs page breaks, but we will see.

I checked othere html documents and I see no page breaks. When I printed Jim Beckers FAQ's, they printed perfectly and no page breaks appear in the code.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:50 am

Super job Rudi! I have cable internet and the pages loaded in a few seconds.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:00 am

Okay now before I get too far into the HTML document thing I need a little feedback and some help from you guys and gals.

I have just uploaded a few new files to the GSS-1053 Mower Cutter Bars - All Models Manual.

a 2 Page Print Test and a 2 Page Print Test No Background.

What I would like is for you all to try and print both of these files. Let me know what happens.

I would do this myself, but between rebuilding everybody else's computer, doing the Cub stuff, a little seat time and trying to keep my better half happy by doing the "honey do list", I have absolutely no time to rebuild my sorry butt computer which is corrupted like crazy!! :roll: :oops: :lol:

Input will be appreciated as you will determine what the format for the docs will be. Choice #1 is doc with title, logo's, buttons and backgrounds. Choice #2 bare bones, nothing added but manual pages.

Thanks

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:18 am

Rudi, the first one took 5 pages to print the 2 pages of the document. (headers & footers on separate pages) The second one printed only 1 page for me. The second page did not print. But it also didn't waste paper on printing the headers & buttons. No background would be my choice.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:25 am

BD:

K, I will consult my html guru - my 15 year old daughter Kristina - this kid is good! Whenever I have a problems seems the answer is in her head!

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:36 am

Rudi I'm using Internet Explorer 6 and if I put my cursor over the picture it prints the picture only and no back ground in either case. but it don't print from the middle of the 2 B's in Ribbon all the way over to the right edge. I am set at 800X600 pixels. Sliding the picture to the right don't change what it prints. I had printer set to print maximum. If I print from the browser button it prints 5 pages as Bigdog said.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Chris Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43701
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall Circle Cub
1973 Int. 474

George....Red X's

Postby Chris Todd » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:17 pm

George,
When you saved did you save as Web Archive, single file? Or did you save as Web Page complete. I have saved things in the past as Web page Complete and had only red X's. Try File, Save As, Web Archive, Single Page....might help :)
Chris

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:47 pm

What I would like is for you all to try and print both of these files. Let me know what happens.

Rudi,

Both files displayed correctly, but I was unable to print either one. Not to worry... I saved the 20 individual .jpg pages and have them properly printed out and safely in a binder.

My printer gave me a break and didn't pass double sheets, so I have the double sided pages in correct order! :lol: :lol: :lol: This may be a first!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:57 pm

George:

Glad it worked for you. Just between you and me, I consider myself computer literate - :D but I still can't figure out how to print double sided :oops: :cry: , so you are a much better man than me! :roll: :lol:

Kristina and I shall be working on figuring out how to make a printer friendly version of the html pages.

I am going to continue to convert as many manuals as I can to the html doc format. At least it will be easier searching on the server. Once we figure it out we shall let y'all know. I am starting with the Blue Ribbon Service Manuals and I shall work forward from there one category at a time. I figure sometime around March or April I should be caught up :lol: :? :wink:

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:06 pm

Wow! My 56k dial-up downloads a page in about 11 seconds--HUGE improvement. Have been reluctant to view more than just what I needed at the time because it was slow, but now I've got lots of reading to do...thanks, Rudi!....ooops, thanks, too, Kristina!!
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:23 pm

Rudi,
I like the no backround page for my dialup.
When I did a print preview on the two page test, I got page 1 with the cover, page 2 was blank, page 3 had the contents and page 4 was blank.

I right clicked on the contents page and printed that. It filled the paper nicely with about a 1/2" border top and bottom and a little on the left side (room to punch holes).

I did get the http: // * info at the bottom of the page.

All in all, a very good printout and I am very impressed.

Rudi when can you get them all changed????
That's a super good job. I guess its to cold out side up there so just stay on the computer and have your wife bring you meals to you. Just kidding! I really like it allot. Keep up the good work.

If your wife won't bring you meals, I'll ship you some venison burgers and a 6 pack of Rolling Rock if you stay at the puter :!:

Return to “Farmall Cub”