This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What Were They Doing With This?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

What Were They Doing With This?

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:10 pm

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:25 pm

I can't figure it out but I sure hope someone knows.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:34 pm

I had it all figured out until I saw the lifting eyes on the canopy. :lol: :lol: In any event, I'll bet the wheel weights are easily restored. Sheet metal and grille doesn't look bad either. I'd write that auxilary engine off.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:16 pm

I studied the pics for awhile and.......WOW!! What the.......???

There's definately a driveshaft there.....looks like whatever it was driving busted off at the front; doesn't look like a torch cut at all. That's a lifting lever on the right; cable went over the pulley to whatever was being lifted...cable is gone/broke too. The lift range is evident by the space in the driveshaft track up front. Looking at it through my 'backyard mechanic' eyes I'd say it's a set up for a snowblower up front that probably worked fantastic till that last iced in rock or whatever......
It's obvious the tractor was moved for the pics; note the flat spots on the front tires. Perhaps the rest of this "GIZMO" is still there somewhere.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:40 pm

I would think the eyes on the canopy are there to lift it on & off the Cub. It has a big auger but I dont think it was for snow removal with that screen cage. My guess is that it was used for mixing feed. Maybe it was on a hog farm. :?: :?: :lol:
Then came Bronson

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:17 pm

Can't imagine to guess what it was used for. But judging from the lean of the canopy I'll bet the guy that used to own it was a liberal :lol: :lol:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:19 pm

I'm curious about the guard rods by the right rear wheel. Makes me think it was used around some tall vegetation.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Indiana Robinson » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:31 pm

Well, I played with these picture a bit with a graphics program to see better and have a few conclusions that are still guesswork... :D
1. I don't believe those are guard rods by the wheel. I believe they are just levers that have fallen down against the wheel. I believe there are two of them to allow for a longer travel like pull one part way then grab the next to go farther... ?
2. If you look at the crossbow shaped piece that would be roughly opposite the base of those levers, maybe a pivot point? I think that the crossbow piece is part of a chain or cable lift much like IHC used on some of their sickle bar mowers. The chain/cable then would have lifted by running to the pulley on top of that pipe with a pulley then down to the pipe frame below.
3. I don't believe that was a drive shaft to the front but just a frame for a an angled blade.
4. That is the same power unit I had on an old IHC hay baler.
Guess... I think it was a ditch filling rig made by a ditching contractor to backfill trenched ditches. Probably an angled blade on the front to take off the top then a powered unit to push the rest of the dirt over to the ditch. Trying to straddle a ridge of dirt would be a possible reason to have rolled over and bent the canopy.
That is my guess which I am positive is correct unless it is wrong... :D
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:44 pm

I sent the seller a email asking if he had any idea what it might have been used for...I'll keep y'all posted. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:23 pm

:roll: My guess is that it's some sort of cotton picker, notting the area. :idea:

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:00 am

My guess is that it's some sort of cotton picker, notting the area

I bought a tractor in Texas that had been moved down from Wisconsin, where it worked in an apple orchard. So, this monstrosity could be a transient. My 2 cents, maybe water well drilling or pecan orchard shaker?
HR

Johnny Lake
10+ Years
10+ Years

What are they doing with this?

Postby Johnny Lake » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:20 pm

I just hope yall don't everyone from Texas does their Cubs this way.
Johnny :D
Johnny Lake

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:37 pm

It's only about 500 miles away, I wonder if I could conn...er that is persuade Bud and Russ to take on another...NAW, not a chance!
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:11 am

That must a be a "super ultra rare" twin engine cub prototype tractor. The canopy is from an A-C as it has the "lean" to it that you get from riding a WD or WC all day. Either way, the asking price needs the decimal point moved over a few digits to the left.
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

farmer.boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby farmer.boy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:35 pm

$399 bucks. Lets pool our money and buy it. We can send it to Rudi and he can dissect it and put the pictures on the manual server.

Return to “Farmall Cub”