This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fan pulley success!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:47 pm

EZ:

Where did ya get the stand? Hope it didn't cost a fortune :!:

Glad you are going to redo her in CN colours -- you should be able to get the decals from CN..

I might have a contact you can point us in the right direction -- I will try to remember to ask him who to talk too at CN.

Really hope you can make it for the CubFest. Bring lots of pics!

Keep us posted as to your progress on the restore :{_}:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:03 pm

EZ wrote:George et al,

I got my hands on an engine stand, will be picking it up tonite.
I'm thinking the clutch has to come off before bolting the engine to the stand. The reason for the stand is, I remember working on the '49 engine while laying on my back. Now that I have a bit of experience with the engine, I would love to be able to rotate it 360degrees. My front bolster is removed, as well as the rad, the engine is just settin' there waiting to be opened up. I plan on de-glazing the jugs, lapping the valves, checking the crank and bearings, rings, etc..........

Thanks for the input guys.

EZ,

Your plan exactly matches what I did to the engine in the photo. Since the bores were slightly worn and larger after honing, I used +.020" rings. Each ring was carefully filed so it has .007" end gap when at the bottom of the stroke. Right from the first running Sunday there was no smoke at all, except for a little black. I plan to fix that by lowering the float level to lean it a bit. :idea:

This is more fun when an engine can be improved so much without spending a small fortune. :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:40 pm

Very nice tips on engine work !

BUT.....seeing the pics of George's shop all the time is CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT!!!!......I WANT ONE LIKE THAT !!!....George...ever think of moving to Licking County OH ?? !!!

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:32 pm

George (or anyone else in the know),

Speaking of beautiful manifolds and exhaust pipes, has anyone tried the hi-temp powder coating discussed some time ago? Curious to know how well it holds up on these red hot Cubs.

LC

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:59 pm

Carl:

Hopefully Brian Piersol will pop in with his observations. He had the manifold powder coated and I think he used a stainless steel pipe on his restored Cub.

I found a shop here that does the powder coatings as well, and I think that is the route that I will take.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:02 pm

Rudi, the stand will be a loaner, which is great.
My brother is a signwriter so I'll be after him to cut me out some logos on his CAD in vinyl.

George.....There is very little wear on the '67, I'll probably deglaze and pop in a set standard rings. That is a real nice looking shop you have there. Seems like enough room for a couple projects going on at the same time.

I'll keep you posted.
Just Do It !

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:27 pm

Lurker Carl wrote:George (or anyone else in the know),

Speaking of beautiful manifolds and exhaust pipes, has anyone tried the hi-temp powder coating discussed some time ago? Curious to know how well it holds up on these red hot Cubs.

LC

I think it would as aluminum arc spray is used on "Jet Blast Deflectors" as our jets take off on A/C Carriers!
Ron

Return to “Farmall Cub”