This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

More Quality Seat Time!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:40 pm

Rudi,
That same action (leaving the switch on) made me the proud owner of a new 6/12 volt battery charger!
Good thing I still knew where the point files were. A little dressing up and all was well. I'll probably do it again though.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:55 pm

Scott:

That was one of the very first purchases I made after I bought Ellie-Mae from me bro-in-law. Darn good thing, cause it isn't the first time I left the key on. :?

Course, the charger don't help none when you are out in the field and do the same durn thing :oops: :censored: :oops:

That's when the crank comes in handy :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:20 pm

Scott C wrote:Rudi,
That same action (leaving the switch on) made me the proud owner of a new 6/12 volt battery charger!
Good thing I still knew where the point files were. A little dressing up and all was well. I'll probably do it again though.

You may laugh, but I use an emery board (nail file) to cleans points if they're just dirty or lightly burnt. It's just a band-aid fix, but will help diagnose a no-start problem.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:39 pm

Not to disrespect anyone's advice but being a mechanic almost my whole life I was taught to never use an abrasive on contact points or commutators. You should only use a file or commutator cloth. The abrasive in emory cloth or sand paper embedes itself in the material you are working on and causes higher resistance and more arcing.

But my Gramma taught me when I was very young that a piece of brown paper bag is about the best thing to clean points with. It does work very well try it and you will see. It is what i use as commutator paper is not easy to find anymore.

P.S. If you guys all like plowing snoe so much you can come to my house and have a ball. I'm tired of the stuff. Cant wait till its time to start the garden.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:41 pm

Parts Man,

My wife goes to the shop when she can't find an emery board in the house. She really wants to clean it up but then I couldn't find anything. I tell her it's organized chaos. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”