This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Problem

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Elmer Fields
10+ Years
10+ Years

Touch Control Problem

Postby Elmer Fields » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:18 pm

I started snow plow cub and heard a loud squeal. My first thought was dry generator. Not so. On closer examination I believe it to be touch control problem. It works ok but the small (top) hyd. line has a great deal of vibration when the tractor is running. Also I added approx. 2/3 qt. of fluid, which made no difference. This morning I realized I added HY-Tran.insted of touch control fluid. I will drain and refill with t.c. fluid, but is that the problem? Any one else had the squeal problem?
Elmer.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:05 pm

Elmer,

It's not unusual for the touch control to squeal. Mine does when it's cold but stops after warmed up. I use HY-Tran everwhere except in the oil pan, even in the touch control. I would try to get the vibration out of the pressure side of the lines before it springs a leak. Maybe a piece of rubber between the tubes secured with several ty-wraps. Just a suggestion.

Donny

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:28 pm

Elmer,

You could also have a dirty/plugged orfice screen. I had the same problem. You can access it from the head. You may have to move the instrument panel out of the way. There is a plug that has to be removed first, then use a flat screwdriver (stubby) to remove the orfice screen. I had a lot of vibration on the tubes until I cleaned that out. The tubes will also heat up, that is a goood indication of a plugged orfice. By the way, Hy-tran is fine in the touch-control, that is what I run in mine.
Just Do It !

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:35 pm

Elmer:

As the guys said, Hy-Tran is okay in the Touch Control. Early on IH changed the name from Touch Control Fluid to Hy-Tran... same stuff.

All the lube and fluid info is in the owners manual - the 1950 manual will suffice for previous years as well.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Elmer Fields
10+ Years
10+ Years

Touch Control Problem

Postby Elmer Fields » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:38 pm

It's hard to write with your'e head hanging in stupidity but here go's.My touch control squeal turned out to be a leaking gasket between the carb. and intake manifold. The good news is it made me check other things that oterwise I might let slide. I also found out that hy-tran. is T. C. fluid so now I know something new. Thanks for there replies . I try to read the board every day and always learn something. thanks again,

Elmer.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:41 pm

Glad to see you got her fixed without anything major. :D :D :D

Elmer Fields
10+ Years
10+ Years

DUH ?

Postby Elmer Fields » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:42 pm

Speaking of stupid I just posted my message twice.

Elmer.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:21 pm

That was easy to solve.
One thing I don't think was mentioned, was that the older tc units did use Hytran, but it is reccomended that the 2 not be mixed. If you now have them mixed, I would reccomend draining the system and refilling it with Hytran.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”