Bought number 6 today

Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:13 pm

Bought cub #6 today. It's a crispy critter but was a parade tractor before the fire. It got pretty warm, but the back end looks pretty good. It has a complete manual lift with assist spring, good drawbar, plow depth adjustment lever. The fenders are great so I guess I got my $150 worth.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:13 pm

Sounds like a good deal to me Bigdog! :{_}: Did the tractor burn indoors or out??
The reason I ask is that a tractor that burns outdoors will have little damage to the main componenets, one that burns in a barn or garage gets a lot more heat due to the wood coals holding the heat in the tractor. That can take the temper out of axles, gears, and the like.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:19 pm

Bigdog,

You got a good deal reguardless of the burn. Now I'm BURNIN :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:20 pm

Fellow said it was just inside the door of a small barn. Front end appeared to take most of the heat. Gas tank shows no bulging and did not rupture. I wanted the back end of it mostly anyway. Will split the engine off and tear it down to see what I can find. I figured at that price there were enough salvageable parts visible to make the price.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:24 pm

Good deal big doggy, Sure glad the deal worked out. I was wondering if your going to become my parts man? :lol: LOL I didn't realize you are up to 6.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:33 pm

You can't hide 'em all, you can't even burn 'em all.

Bigdog is on the prowl.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:39 pm

BD:

congrats on number 6 :D

Got a deal :?: :roll: :lol: You got a steal my friend :!: :wink: :D

Just think, all you have to do is sell one or two parts and the new one is paid for and you still have all the parts you need. :{_}:

Geez, now if only I could get so lucky :!: :mrgreen:

Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:55 pm

bigdog,, good deal for sure, you definetly got your moneys worth!!

Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:06 pm

BigDog,
They way everyone on the list talks I thought you had 40 - 50 Cubs.
You only have 6? I am a little disappointed. :-)

Mike

Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:37 pm

Mike Schmudlach wrote:BigDog,
They way everyone on the list talks I thought you had 40 - 50 Cubs.
You only have 6? I am a little disappointed. :-)

Mike

I agree, Mike. My grandson will have to get five more before he can become TopDog, but he's learning. Maybe even six if one of us breaks our tie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:43 pm

Hey Bigdog

Congrats on #6.

Sure would like to see a picture of the "roasted cub" :!:

So, its to far gone.....gonna be a "organ donor" for your other cubs :?:

Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:50 pm

It is setting in a machinery shed behind some other equipment. I really couldn't get a good shot of it. The guy I bought it from is going to dig it out over the next few weeks. I'll get some pics when I go to pick it up.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:56 pm

BD, don't know if you've ever torn down a burned tractor before, but it is interesting, as well as dirty. I tore one down that had set for a few years (don't know how many). I let it set for a month or two, and went by every few days giving each bolt a shot of Liquid Wrench. Used nearly a quart. When I started dismantling it, everything came loose easily except for 2 rear lugs, that broke.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:36 pm

Bigdog. If you fix it up you can call it "Lucifer" !!! :twisted:

Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:23 pm

BD, my son:

One of these days, your grandson will have all of papa Georges, mine, all of yours and who knows how many others. He will then be the undisputed king of the Cubbers.

dad