Danco Snowblower for a Cub

Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:03 pm

Hi all:

Got some pics in an email, and thought I would post em!

It is now on the server at the following location

Danco Snowblower

Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:30 pm

Great pics Rudi! A blast from the past.
Looks like an old Wisconsin or Kohler engine powerin the blower unit. Reproducing it isn't the problem....it's reproducing it to satisfy the product liability lawyers is where the problem is !!!

Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:46 pm

:?: What is that gizmo mounted on the back that you can see in the 2nd & 5th pictures. :?:

Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:09 pm

JB, that's the power source for the blower. As Marion said, it appears to be a Wisconsin or Kohler one lunger.

Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:31 pm

Rudi, Glad the photos workout and you got them posted. Maybe someone can figure out how the drive shaft mated to the engine. Also how wide the blower is. I have been trying to figure that out since I got the photos. :D

Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:52 pm

Bigdog wrote:JB, that's the power source for the blower. As Marion said, it appears to be a Wisconsin or Kohler one lunger.

OK, Thanks Bigdog. Now that I took a second look I see the gas tank & what looks to be a rope pull start. I think I can see the small drive-shaft going underneath also. It must have a carrier bearing somewhere in the middle or that distance could maybe cause it to do some whipping.

Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:16 pm

Does anyone know what happend to the Danco Co. or where they were locate? what was the correct full company name. Thanks

Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:11 pm

BOB K. wrote:Also how wide the blower is. I have been trying to figure that out since I got the photos.

Judging from the way the tractor sits behind the blower, I would think that it is around 4 feet wide.

Ike