photos

Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:50 pm

Hi. I have just e-mailed 4 pics to Dennis to see about placing them in the gallery. If they make it, I hope everyone enjoys them. My wife's grandfather bought this cub new in 1949. It came with cultivators and a planter. Cost was $425!! It got a valve job and axle housing gaskets last summer. (This is our garden tractor from seeding to harvesting!) Other than that, I took it to bare metal, removed some dents, and started over. Primed with John Deere(dirty word?) buff sealer primer, and top coated with about 6 coats of 2150 with a gloss additive. Thanks for reading my rambling! Brannon

and for John *.! ?.*cub owner: sorry for the delay, but I do use a toshiba camera! Thanks, Brannon

Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:58 am

Brannon - we're looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:58 am

Brannon,

This edited version will have to do until the real thing comes along from Dennis. Nice job!!! Isn't it FUN! to drive one that looks like that?

Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:55 am

That is the reason that painting is still in the plan for my 1947. After all of these years I'm just getting a little tired of rust. Maybe it is because I'm getting so rusty myself now... :D

Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:25 pm

Just wondering- You said this tractor was bought new in 49. Didn't the exhaust all go straight up then? Or maybe there was an option, just curious.

Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:48 pm

I always thought that "tall air intake tall exhaust...low air intake low exhaust"

Maybe I was told wrong.

Great job. Looks great anyway. Who cares what the correct police say. :D :D :D

exhaust

Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:07 pm

Hi all. This cub was bought with the horizontal exhaust as an option, so it would fit under the top fence wire that was stretched above the garden gates. This wire was supposed to keep deer out of the garden.

just found this out..it was equipped with upward exhaust at the dealership, it was a requested change.
Last edited by bawest on Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:10 pm

That explains it then. I'll bet that wire didn't work for long.

Nice looking Cub.

exhaust

Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:12 pm

Thanks.we still have a deer problem, but nothing my old collie or a shotgun can't handle :D

Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:19 pm

You can find the rest of Brannon's photo's here:

http://farmallcub.com/gallery/album21

Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:15 pm

Hey Donny M- I'm probably the farthest guy from the correct police. It just struck me as odd when he said that tractor was purchased new in 49 and it had horizontal exhaust. It seemed unlikely someone would have switched to horizontal later on. So I was just curious. I'm more like the Modification King.

Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:39 pm

Bill,

It's hard to know what someone thinks when we read what they have typed. Especially me, I have a hard time writing exactly what I think. It must be my 5th grade education. :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't mean to accuse anyone. I just wanted to get a dig in before the correct police see my Cubs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:59 pm

Brannon, good looking Cub.

Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:06 pm

Thanks. I have the before pictures up at work. I'll bring them home and scan/post them. It made a big difference. :lol: