This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Final Drives

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LYNYRD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70453
Tractors Owned: 1974 IH Cub
1975 IH Cub
MF 135
TO-20
Ford 3000
12 D Harrow Plow
151 Disc Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Final Drives

Postby LYNYRD » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:19 pm

I have some striped out bolt holes on my final drives, do these have to be removed to be repaired. What is the best thread repair for theses holes I believe they are 5/8 by 11 tpi. thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:36 pm

I would think that a heli-coil repair could be done right on the tractor. Make sure you drill square...maybe a drill jig that sits flat on the casting would be in order. But maybe someone else on the board has some experience with this.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Final Drive

Postby Dan England » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:08 pm

Charles: I used a heli-coil in doing the same repair on a final drive. I did this a couple of years ago and have had no problems up to this time. It should work for you. Dan

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:23 pm

Charles- On high end stuff like aircraft heli-coils are installed on parts when they are new. It makes the threads more durable and strong then they would otherwise be in the base material. My own experience is they not only provide a good repair butt the repair may be better than it was originally, if done correctly.

Return to “Farmall Cub”