This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hooking up a tines mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Flathead-4
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hooking up a tines mower

Postby Flathead-4 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:32 pm

:?: I'm the proud new owner of a very nice 1975 Cub. Implements included many plows, tillers, discs, and numerous bars, jointed arms, and misc other items that I assume work some way with the hydraulics. Bad news is that they have all be disassembled.
My first question, though, is a tines (tynes?) mower that came with the tractor. It was not installed on the Cub when I picked it up. It is obviously belt driven by the pulley on the end of the horizontal tines shaft. Unfortunately I have no idea how this mower hooks up. Would appreciate any help with this.
Second, most of my tractor experience is with my 8n. All the pieces of disc, plows, something that looks like a root puller, these look like on big erector set with no instructions. Some items are not painted, some are yellow like the Cub and some are blue. Unfortunately the previous owner passed away and no one in the family could find manuals. I would appreciate any help on how to propery reassemble all these pieces in their original configuration. I can email pics if this will help.
Thanks, Mike in Atlanta

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:50 pm

Check out the implement hook-ups on these pages of the T,M. Tractor website

http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/gim_001.htm
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:26 pm

Mike:

Welcome to the Cub Family :!: :D

I am sure that you will derive as much fun from your Cub as well all do, and that says a lot!

If you want to spend some time reading, click on the manual link below in the sig line. Many of the implements that are for Cubs are listed somewhere on the server.

If you have the fast hitch setup then you will want to peruse the CBI-2A, and if you have a regular Cub then the CBI-1A will help you out in identifying what you have. These are parts manuals. There are also many owners manuals on the server including Woods and Mott mowers as well as the IH mowers.

Hope this helps, let us know how you make out identifying your implements.

Oh, and the guys here are really friendly and knowledgeable and are sure to help!

Again welcome to the Cub Family :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:44 pm

By tines mower, I assume you mean a flail mower. There is a manual on Rudi's site for the Mott flail mower. If you don't find what you need there, we'll all give you some advice, good, bad, or otherwise. :D
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”