This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dimensions for fast hitch attachments

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:09 pm

Welderr, I can see I need to put my new camera to work. The middlebuster has a point cut off a Cole planter I sold. also I have sold the 13 tooth harrow.(maybe I can still get pictures) My dad (had) made the lift for the 8' harrow when we got the first Cub in'55'. he used a horse drawn plowbeam and had the point made and welded on. I think he got the idea from my uncle who also had a cub. I need to scan a copy of the middlebuster point.and send to Rudi to share. also i think the better points are not flat on the bottom. I had to take a side grinder to the 8' harrow back in the '80s to make it work right. I don't think you will hurt the drawbar with an inferior point, it will just be agravating to use. You were right about the blade, it uses the cult. holes. I need to learn how to post pictures on this site.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BillyJoeJimBob
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BillyJoeJimBob » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:56 am

Hey welderrx,

You say that you would stick too making your own, do you have the dimensions for the stakes?

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby danovercash » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:54 am

BillyJoeJimBob, Welderrx, If you will provide me with an address I will e-mail pictures to you of points I have. Sorry I haven't mastered this picture posting thing yet. Dan (danovercash@hotmail.com / danovercash@yahoo.com)

BillyJoeJimBob
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BillyJoeJimBob » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:36 pm

Dan, I sent you an email so that you can mail those pics out, I greatly appreciate it...

Bill

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader

Postby welderrx » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:38 pm

Hi Billyjoejimbob, I have a few implements with the spear on them, so I don't need the dimensions, I have been contemplating making my bracket's to mount on the side of the drawbar using the coulter hole and the rear hole that the "drawbar or tow plate" pins onto, you would not be able to mount them from the seat, but it's not like I really need to be able to switch them in seconds anyway. Besides I would save a lot on grinding wheels and acetylene. T.J.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby danovercash » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:26 pm

You could make one that would work good with 1x3 stock using a grinder and band saw/ metal blade. the long cuts would take a while though. then touch up with side grinder.

suwanneecub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby suwanneecub » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:30 pm

They are available through your local Case Dealer, Or by UPS/e-mail/800 orders from all the sources listed on the supplier list on this website.
They are quite reasonable, and THEY WORK.
You can't build one for less. Unless your time is free and material is also free.

Return to “Farmall Cub”