This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub low boy blade (L54)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:21 am

Paul, I checked mine and it is indeed for a lo-boy. I have it mounted on a standard cub. I have used it for snow and it works fine. The difference is that with the blade on the ground, you are pushing down from the tractor rather than just forward. So, it does tend to want to dig in, even with skids on the blade. I also believe (can't remember for sure) I have the connections to the rockshaft on backwards in order to get enough lift on the blade.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:28 pm

Hi Bigdog

I Hope you are doing well. I read your post, and was wondering two things. 1 Do you have a complete lowboy setup which I think is the L54, or do you have the long axle hanger like on my mixed up set up where the axle hangers are 17 1/2 inchs long and not 11 inchs long the way they should be for the L54? 2 Did you ever use it or set it up as a grader blade setup? THANK YOU !! PAUL K. in N.H.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:56 pm

Paul, mine is a complete lo-boy setup. I have not mid-mounted it, but I don't think it would be a problem mounted that way.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:00 am

Paul:

There is a guy named George who posted a want for an L54 blade setup. You might want to check it out. That way, you can sell it and look for a C54A for you.....

Just a thought
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:06 pm

Hi Rudi

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for the thought, I have his phone number and I sent him a email last night. Big Dog said he has a L54 on a standard cub an it works okay. I just don't want to sell it off until I try it out, which could take me a little time. THANK YOU, PAUL K in N.H. :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”