What size battery?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

What size battery?

Postby BillB » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:00 pm

I have been reading the posts on this forum for about 8 months now, and I really enjoy the interesting topics discussed here.I live on eastern Ontario, Canada and it is finally warm enough to enjoy the great outdoors again (+6 C) . I played around with our 48 Cub for about 2 hours today and couldn't be happier. I need to buy a 6 volt battery for the tractor and I was wondering if anybody would know what size (category) battery is used for the cub that fits the original battery box ;as the old one was to big and was held in place with bungee cords.

Thanks in advance
Bill
BillB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:31 pm

Welocme BillB,

I believe the battery is a "Type 1" just ask for that style at the local parts store.
Donny M
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Rudi » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:39 pm

Bill:

Welcome to the board :!: Nice to see another Canuck chime in too!

Go to Canadian Tire - ask for a group 1 6-Volt battery. They usually are in stock. I can go down to the shop in a bit and get the part number, it will make it easier...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: E1A7J3
eBay ID: ve9rhs
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1951 Cub "Jethro"
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby BillB » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:54 pm

Donny/Rudi,

Thanks for the help! You have probably saved me several trips to Canadian Tire returning batteries that didn't fit.When you ask an 16 year old student for a replacement battery for a 56 year old tractor they kind of look at you differently.
Rudi, I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for the exellent website you provide.I don't generally post that much on this forum because there are so many knowledgeable people,I feel a bit overwhelmed.Once again, Thanks

Bill
BillB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rudi » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:12 pm

Bill:

No problem, glad to help. Thanks for the kind words, it helps too :!: :D Don't feel too overwhelmed, it gets easier. The guys here are really great, and they always will help whenever you need it. Just ask away! I am still a relative newbie and will be for a long time, jump in - it is the best way....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: E1A7J3
eBay ID: ve9rhs
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1951 Cub "Jethro"
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby WKPoor » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:19 pm

Hey BillB- I have to laugh when I read you guys up north quoting things in metric. I know and understand the system just can't relate to it.
WKPoor
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby BillB » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:19 pm

Bill,

Sorry about the reference to the metric system. I still find myself converting kilograms to lbs.and millimeters to fractions of an inch on a daily basis at work.I use the metric system and I sometimes can't relate.

regards,
Bill
BillB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Return to Farmall Cub