This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SEAT RE-UPHOLSTERY

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

SEAT RE-UPHOLSTERY

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:50 am

Hi All

Could someone please tell me the name and phone number of the gentleman that George Willer said does a great job re-upholstering seats.
I believe is name is Darrell Darst and at one point he changed his phone number. So, I would like his most recent phone number or email address.

Thank You

PAUL K. in N.H.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:36 am

This is the info that I have on Darrell.

Darrell Darst
1857 W. Outer Hwy. 61
Moscow Hills, MO 63362
(314)356-4764
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:17 am

Darrels area code is now 636, rather than 314. rest of the number is the same. I recently inquired about price, assuming your seat is salvageable it is $95 primed and shipped back, $105 painted IH2150 red. Time is normally 3 to 4 weeks.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:23 am

:D He does a great job. Worth every penny if you want something that is going to last.
Always try the easiest thing first.

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:49 pm

Hi All
THANK YOU to all of you gentlemen, I called the new area code phone number and got through. Darrell was not home, but the lady there told me to call back this evening. Thanks for all the information and price and all, sounds like a good price for a good job done. I have not read for 3 0r 4 weeks had a flu bug, but I was very happy to see John the #@^! cub owners prodject getting started, can't wait to see more of that! THANKS again PAUL K. in N.H. :D

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:29 pm

Maybe I'm not folowing here but... is this for the pan seat?

Why not just buy a new reproduction seat?

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:38 am

Shopp'n Cubs wrote:Why not just buy a new reproduction seat?
Guy

Many people prefer to keep as much of the original equipment as possible on their restored tractors.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:04 am

Shopp'n Cubs wrote:Maybe I'm not folowing here but... is this for the pan seat?

Why not just buy a new reproduction seat?
Guy

I thought he was talking about a deluxe seat with arm rests. I did not know of any upholstered pan seats. I thought they just had a slip on cover for the pan seats.

Guess I might learn sumpin new about seats here. :?:
Then came Bronson

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:26 am

I thought he was talking about a deluxe seat with arm rests. I did not know of any upholstered pan seats. I thought they just had a slip on cover for the pan seats.

Guess I might learn sumpin new about seats here.

Bronson,

All pan seats came with what was planned to be a permanent cover. They weren't very good. :lol:
They didn't hold up for 50+ years. :cry: The pad was cemented over a foam pad that was also cemented to the pan. The pad was a little smaller than the pan, but the edge of the cover was inserted under the lip that you will still see on yours, and the lip was crimped to hold it. Usually, if you look closely, you will see some remnants of the fabric under the lip.

We are now so used to seeing the pan painted red that we tend to think of it as original. The original color of the canvas cover is subject to discussion, but in my failing memory they were silver.

I think there was also a delux cover with more padding that was to be installed over the basic pan.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:28 am

JB - the pan seats were available with a canvas upholstry on them. Most were silvered canvas. Some, I believe, were red & white. Mr. Darst re-covers those original pans.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:30 am

johnbron wrote:

Guess I might learn sumpin new about seats here. :?:

The original pan seats were padded with a silver colored cover that crimped under the rim around the edge of the seat. Most of them the material and padding has been completely rotted away for many years, and the slip on covers purchased to give a little more comfort than just the plain metal. Last week was the first time I ever saw one with any of the original padding and cover intact, and it was only partial.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:37 am

:roll: Opened my eyes.

Thanks for the info guys. I just learned something that I guess I took for granted. I always thought the pan seats were originally that cold hard metal.
Then came Bronson

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:50 am

johnbron wrote::roll: Opened my eyes.

Thanks for the info guys. I just learned something that I guess I took for granted. I always thought the pan seats were originally that cold hard metal.

Bronson,

Although I was a skinny teenager when the Cub came out I never got to drive one, so the padded seat wasn't important. Nowdays, many of us bring our own padding! :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:00 pm

George:

At one time I would have brought my padding with me as well. But one of the conditions I have is called Lipodistrophy - which in a nutshell means that all the fat in ones body gets moved to one or two specific places. In my case it originally was a buffalo hump and a small protuberance behind my liver. Now it is all behind the liver and there is absolutely NONE on the parts I sit on :!: :roll: :cry:

So I am definitely going to have mine recovered as well. There is a fellow around Halifax way that does the same as Darrell does. I am trying to get his info for the Canadian guys and put it on the server...

I can tell you though, the pan seat is awful rough on a guy with no you know what!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:58 pm

My '55 Loboy has the original padded pan seat...(complete with what is either a rain or flatus drain hole)
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Return to “Farmall Cub”