This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SEAT RE-UPHOLSTERY

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:19 pm

You can also buy new seats with the correct silver or black canvas (depends on the year). The only complaint I have about Darrell's seats are that the canvas is really rough and your but can get pretty red after riding around on one for awhile.
Darrell is also the ecitor of the IHCC magazine Harvester Highlights.

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:01 pm

Hi Mike
I know oem has the reproduction seats, is that who you are referring to, or for a 61 cub does the IH dealer have them? THANKS PAUL K. in N.H.

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:19 pm

I think I am going to send my seat to Darrell, just curious to whats out there.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:47 pm

PAUL K. in N.H. wrote:I think I am going to send my seat to Darrell, just curious to whats out there.

Paul,

I'm not really sure of this, but I think Darrell crimps the fabric under the edge bead like the originals, but the repos are secured by a spline. Sometimes, those splines don't fit very well. Someone else may know how Darrell does it?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:56 pm

There is a raw edge around the edge on OEM seats I did not like. Original never had that. It must be the spline showing.
Young man for work, old man for advice

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:42 am

THANKS Gentleman

I will package it up and send it off to Darrell , I believe he does as George has said. When I spoke to him on the phone, I said how do you paint the crimped over edge, and he said he just masks over the new silver seat cover and paints the whole thing 2150. PAUL K.in N.H. :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”