This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thanks George W for axle help

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Slappy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks George W for axle help

Postby Slappy » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:38 am

I read a post by George Willer a month or so a go describing how to remove the steering knuckle bushings from the front axle extensions. Basically you flatten two sides of a washer that just fits the axel tube diameter but is wider than the bushing. Position the washer on backside of the bushing and drive the washer and bushing out.

I used this trick to punch all 4 bushings out last night and it worked like a charm. Now I will say that the bushings came out hard, but they came out and didn't scar up the tube. Short of cutting or grinding, I don't know how I would have got these out without knowing this trick. The only thing I would add is that I put four smaller washers on top of the modified driving washer to keep the modified washer from bending in the middle.

Anyway it was great advice George you saved me hours of time and lots of swear words I'm sure!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”