Searching for Model Number

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:29 pm

Hi guys:

It is that time again, need your help. This is sort of Cub related. In otherwords, this particular implement will soon be mounted to the rear of Ellie-Mae in time for Spring Planting.

I purchased a moldboard plow - horse drawn and the type that is used to make the rows/hills in a truck garden. Didn't have a clue who made it as none of the part numbers or model number were identifyable.

Well, been playing with my newly constructed self designed sand-blaster (which works like all get out btw! :lol: ) and low and behold there is a part number and manufacturer's mark.

No, unfortunately my luck is not good enough to have bought an IH plow. But it is the next best thing I guess. It is a Massey-Harris. The part number is P 7591 and is on the leg or arm or whatever it is called that mounts to the draw plate and the moldboards mount to that. If I can find a drawing I will add it asap to help in identification.

I know that a bunch of you Cubbers, also collect Massey-Harris equipment and I am hoping that someone has a part manual or owner's manual that would show this part number and be able to identify the plow model. I know I am dreaming here, but gotta hope for the best.

I will also post on the M-H board, but wanted to start here first. I already called my CaseIH dealer who also deals in Massey Ferguson and Massey-Harris, but the part just comes up as No Longer Available - No Substitution, so there is a dead end, as it does not identify what this part belongs to :roll: :? - some CD Roms just aren't as good as the CaseIH ones.....

Any ideas? All help is appreciated. TIA

Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:43 pm

Rudi, I think you are talking about "horse hoes". That might help narrow down the search a little.

Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:53 pm


Yup that is exactly what I am talking about, but that seems to be just as confusing a description. Tried that before and seems the best adjective would be a horse drawn hiller.

Don't personally know any better name for it though. Everybody around here calls them by that name - must be a maritime thing :!: :roll: :lol: