This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

disc plow

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ghostdog
10+ Years
10+ Years

disc plow

Postby ghostdog » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:39 am

cubbies
i have enjoyed this site more than i could ever have guessed. you are
truly a careing helpfull group of friends. your kindness and genorisity is
almost unbelievable
having said that i also need help,info. being anew owner i know nothing
except i love my cub. i am trying to find a suitable disc plow for my yet unnamed workhorse. can anyone help with discriptions ,pictures,dealers,
what size ,weight, ect ???
thanking you in advance
ghostdog

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:11 am

So far as I know, there were three different disk plows for the cub. A mid mount for the standard hitch, a mid mount for the fast hitch, and a rear mount. Each of them cuts about a 12 inch furrow, with the midmounts weighing about 75 to a hundred pounds. The midmounts are great for plowing gardens, etc. since they don't add anything to the length of the tractor, which makes turning at the ends easier. The rear mount works better if you are plowing under rougher conditions, since it doesn't shove the tractor to the side as easily. It does however add about 4 feet of length to the tractor, and is fairly heavy. The trail wheel which steers, and serves to hold the plow in the furrow is weighted, and weighs about a hundred pounds by itself. The entire plow probably weighs aobut 250 to 300 pounds. If you are not already familiar with disk plows, they are great for most uses, but when turning sod do leave it very rough.

As far as finding one, watch local auctions, or salvage/used equipment dealers. 2 places to try would be http://www.jptractorsalvage.com or http://www.tmtractor.com If they don't show them on the web sites, email or call them. A last resort would be Ebay.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ghostdog
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ghostdog » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:05 am

To John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub

Thanks so much for the quick response John. Now I have to look three times as hard . I still have a lot to learn, but I love my cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:09 pm

There is a mamual for the rear mount disk plow in the implement section of Rudi's web site at http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Implement%20Manuals/Cub-151%20Disc%20Plow/index.html

When I bought mine I did not have a manual, and had never seen one on a tractor. That first time instal was not for the fain of heart.

ghostdog
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ghostdog » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:44 pm

Hey cubbies ,
I think I've found what I've been looking for thanks to John.
It's a "Cub 28A Tractor Disk Harrow". I found it thanks to TM Tractor's
Gallery . There is also pictured a "Cub 23A Tandem Disk Harrow"
So I'm looking and hoping to find one soon. It's time to start plowing!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Ghostdog

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:07 pm

Again, it depends on your need. The tandem won't take as many passes to work up the ground, but there is no way to pick it up for transport. You can set it straight so it doesn't cut while transporting it. also, if working in confined area such as fenced gardens it needs more room to turn.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:41 pm

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

ghostdog
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ghostdog » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:18 pm

Big dog great pic how would the uninformed know which would fit i have seen this item at a salvage yard but it looka a lot bigger

Return to “Farmall Cub”