This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Found ansewer to rear axle problem.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jeff D. N.E. Wis.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Found ansewer to rear axle problem.

Postby Jeff D. N.E. Wis. » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:35 pm

Hello all. Took everyones advice and checked a little closer to see what was causeing the axle end play.

Come to find out it was the large spacer that was too long. I had gotten a different rear axle housing that had all the parts still in it. I took it all apart and cleaned all the parts. I now had 3 spacers and when I went to assemble it won't you know I grabbed the long spacer first. I put the dial caliaper on it and it was .065 longer than the others. Took it out and put one of the others in and all is fine. :D

Just want to say thanks again for everyones help. It sure is nice to come here with questions and not be put down.

Thanks guys. :wink:

Michael Az
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Michael Az » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:56 am

Glad you found the problem. Sure sounded like something unsual was going on!
Michael