Sat down this morning with cup of coffee and did the normal things, check e-mail read this board...it was going to be another normal day.
I decided to go out to the shop and straighten up a bit. I was doing pretty well but something kept catching my eye. It was the 49 rust bucket I keep inside. The other 49 (Roland) has a stuck engine and hasn't had a head on him for several years so he stays out with the dogs.
I just couldn't wait any longer. It's now in pieces, well mostly. The engine is completely apart except for the valves and the fan pulley. The radiator is off and the steering gear housing is sitting on the floor. Only thing that looks like a tractor is the torque tube, transmission and finals. At about 6 this evening I started to remove the brake pedals...man those lock bolts are in there. That took a while getting them loose!!!! Now I'm soaking the pedals and shafts and will apply some heat tomorrow. Have to remove the floor pan to get the finals and torque tube apart.
Sounds like tomorrow will be another great day