This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Kick the tires

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Kick the tires

Postby RedNed » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:01 pm

Put all the fluids back in the cub a week ago. Final drive has a little leak coming out of one of the bolts( or should I say several.) Should of sealed the threads better. tranny ok, pto ok,touch control ok,Slight moisture in #1 piston.Don't like that.Blew it out with compressed air( I did put thread sealant on them!.Carb leaks. Set screw on side of engine ( where I primed the oil pump) Leaks. I really did not have to prime it because I stuff the oil pump with STP. Timed dist. to engine. Two cranks and the engine caught, oil pressure start going up,. I here" clank"," clank".Fan assemply hittin somthing. It seems the fan has to be shimed up.It seems to cock downward with the strain on the belt. Next weekend I'll have my friends come over .I need more eyes and hands :shock: What you think this was going to be easy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:38 pm

Redned, A couple of notes. Check the fan for play, if the hub is worn so that it is getting its lean there, repalce the hub before it costs you the radiator. Also check that thenut that holds the shaft into the fork on the engine cover is seated down in the fork, and not just on the edges.

Were your final drive leaks coming from the implement bolts? If so, someone has screwed then in to deep at sometime and broken through into the inside of the housing. If it is the pan bolts, you may need to remove them and straighten the lips so they are even.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:38 pm

Hi John, Leak on the final drive coming from pan bolts. Cork gasket.Do not want to overtighten.May have to ding the pan out.Like you say. Fan assembly has a lot of play. the back nut appears to be in the slot.I t looked like it just grazed the governor adj nut. I have to look at it a lot closer. I think i screwed this up some how?Not right, has to come off.Mechanic failure. :( I have to check my parts manual. is there a washer spacer on other side of that nut to move it out more? let me check.........

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:51 pm

RedNed,

Re: the fan... the nut fits directly in the slot on the back. There is a thick (about 1/8") washer on the front side under the hex part of the shaft.

Just think... if it weren't for these little things to attend to, you wouldn't have anything to look forward to! :lol:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:54 pm

Missing fan washer :oops: Don't tell anybody john,please...........
you to George "mums the word".

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:59 pm

We won't tell on you.

HEY EVERYBODY.......
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”