This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Loboy restoration guide

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
whackballer3
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Loboy restoration guide

Postby whackballer3 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:58 pm

Hey there everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I figured maybe you guys could help me. For about 8 years I have owned a '57 Cub that has faithfully mowed my 3.3 acres with few problems. She's in more or less decent condition, but I've recently taken an interest in fully restoring her. Does anyone know of a good restoration guide that might be of use for such a project? Any help would be appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Daniel H. » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:17 pm

I am working on a 1955 Lo-Boy now. I am still doing mechancial repairs and restoration and collecting missing parts. I haven't got to the paint and decals stage yet. Guy Fay has a new Original Farmall Hundred Series 1954-1958 book out , but I haven't seen a copy yet. Guy's books are usually very good. Here's the description from Barnes and Nobel:

This follow-up to the Farmall Letter Series Originality Guide (0-7603-0438-6)features some of the Farmall hobby's most popular tractors, the Hundred Series. These tractors were the follow-ups to the Letter Series tractors with different paint and additional horsepower and features. The models covered in this book include: Cub, Cub Lo-Boy, 100, 130, 200, 300, 300 Utility, 330, 350, 350 Utility, 400, W-400, 450, W-450, 600, and 650.

Maybe someone on the board knows more about it? Also, an Owner's Manual, service manual, and a parts book from Binder Books are a must if you don't already have these. You can also find some information by searching the web. The guys on this site are really helpful!
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:48 pm

Guy's new book does cover the Cub. I do have a batch of the first ones off the press complete with Guy's autograph, I can also have Andy sign the book to. (Andy took all of the photos) The bookstore price is $24.99, I will sell them to the Cub guys for $25 and that includes the shipping.
Any profit goes to the Archives.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Return to “Farmall Cub”