This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch control question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jon-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Touch control question

Postby Jon-boy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:06 pm

My touch control system seems to move slightly unexpectedly - sometimes a full inch - and the blade does not always reset to the same position when using my stops. I am trying to get part of my yard nice and level but I can't seem to keep the blade in the same position. Is this normal for cubs or what might be wrong? I recently had the hydraulic pump overhauled.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tobaccofarmer
10+ Years
10+ Years

touch control

Postby tobaccofarmer » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:16 pm

You can tighten that lever, there is a spring and washer plates that are designed to be tight together. Just tighten the bolt untill desired feel is desired. You also may need to replace those washer plates.

Daniel Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Daniel Stuckey » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:04 pm

Might be the lever but sounds like you might have some problems in the hyd cylinder. As far as the bolt under the lever, the early Cubs did not have a tighting bolt, but instead a heavy spring held in place by a heavy c clip. And your friction disc might be missing or wore down to nothing. How do I know this, just today, I ripped mine apart. I found out last year that the part number showed this part in no longer available.

So I took the whole lever assembly to IH today and got one from something else there that fit real well. Was a little thicker than the original but works just fine.

Dan Stuckey
Altoona, Pa.
Enjoy life, do what you can, and quit your complaining. This will make life better!

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:26 am

Dan,
Did you get those parts at Hines?
I used to get out that way a good bit and swung by every once in a while. I liked to walk around out back looking for cub cadet parts.

Daniel Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Daniel Stuckey » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:55 pm

Yes Scott,
Hines in Bellwood alway s fixes me up. The parts guy there usually gets what I need. And like I said about the friction, he had something that worked out real good even though it wasn't the exact part #. After ordering a bunch of parts last week, I remembered I forgot to order the oil seal for the imput shaft and surprise, they had it in stock.

Dan Stuckey
Altoona, Pa
Enjoy life, do what you can, and quit your complaining. This will make life better!

Return to “Farmall Cub”