This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wear on governer gear and ignition oil seal

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve Ruddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Steve Ruddy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:33 pm

Just to clairfy, which side has the interference? The governor side or the mag side?

Governor side. The wear on the seal was caused by contact with the gear on the governor shaft.
Steve Ruddy
Guerneville CA

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:22 pm

Steve,
Thanks, that cleared things up. (Seal in too deep). I didn't know what part was interfering.

I feel better know. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Ruddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Steve Ruddy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:02 pm

I was going to disassemble the governor and inspect the parts for wear but can't figure out how to get it apart. Anyone know how? Also I wanted to replace the governor shaft but can't find a sorce for the new part. If not I probably can use the existing shaft but because of the wear on the gear edges I can't ell were the timing mark is. It looks like it may be in line with the distributor notch is this correct?
Steve Ruddy

Guerneville CA

Return to “Farmall Cub”