This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Titan Tires

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tom CA Cub '49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Titan Tires

Postby Tom CA Cub '49 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:06 pm

Well guys, after having a nice set of front wheels sandblasted, primed and nicely painted, I dropped them off at my local tractor shop to have a pair of Goodyear tires put on them. When I went back a week later, they had Titan tires mounted on them and the owner of the shop said that Goodyear doesn't make the 4.00-12 Implement Rib Tread tires I wanted anymore. He also said that while Firestone does make the tire, they are out of stock with no idea when they might have them.

So, I thought I would ask, does anyone have an opinion about the quality of Titan tires? While I wanted to restore my 1949 cub to original condition with the Goodyear tires, it is looking like I will have to settle for Titan tires. Any thoughts you may have on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Andy48KY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Andy48KY » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:41 pm

The Titan Trutrac is a good quality tire. I have sold a few sets over the years with no factory defect problems. The tread design is a f-2, and should be almost identical to the Goodyear or Firestone f-2 in appearance. I am a tire dealer and the Goodyears (and most other major brands) have been out of production for a few years, due to demand. Maybe Goodyear will someday license someone to produce old tractor tires like the ones for antique cars. I haven't seen any offered by any distributors in our region.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:27 am

Hello Tom

Have you ever heard of Armstrong tires :?: If so, then you will need to know that is basically what you have on your cub. Armstrong was aquired by Titan Wheel not to long ago. Armstrong/Titan farm tires are very comman in this part of the country. I have two Armstrong R-1 tires on the back of my '55 Loboy. I don't think you will be disapointed. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”