oil seal

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

oil seal

Postby tobaccofarmer » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:05 pm

Here is my oil seal I tore out. I am not sure if getting it out from the front is right, but I wanted to try before I went tearing the front cover off and splitting the front end? The only thing is when I looked at the notches on the gears, I had the engine on tdc, the gears where not lined up with the notches? anyways has anyone else got the seal out this way?

tobaccofarmer

Ignition oil seal

Postby Bill V in Md » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:00 pm

I did not pull mine out, but I don't think it makes any difference. I chose to remove the governor and drive the oil seal out from the front (governor) side. If you do not have a set of seal drivers, you may want to consider puchasing a set for this job. Put the new seal in the freezer for a couple of hours before installation. Put the governor back in before you install the new seal, because the new seal will restrict your view on trying to line up the timing marks. Be sure engine is TDC - I suggest you remove the valve cover and check valve positions to be certain. Good Luck...........Bill V.
Bill VanHooser
1948 Cub w/ snowplow
Bill V in Md
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 21228
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Return to Farmall Cub