This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

oil seal

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tobaccofarmer
10+ Years
10+ Years

oil seal

Postby tobaccofarmer » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:05 pm

Here is my oil seal I tore out. I am not sure if getting it out from the front is right, but I wanted to try before I went tearing the front cover off and splitting the front end? The only thing is when I looked at the notches on the gears, I had the engine on tdc, the gears where not lined up with the notches? anyways has anyone else got the seal out this way?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Ignition oil seal

Postby Bill V in Md » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:00 pm

I did not pull mine out, but I don't think it makes any difference. I chose to remove the governor and drive the oil seal out from the front (governor) side. If you do not have a set of seal drivers, you may want to consider puchasing a set for this job. Put the new seal in the freezer for a couple of hours before installation. Put the governor back in before you install the new seal, because the new seal will restrict your view on trying to line up the timing marks. Be sure engine is TDC - I suggest you remove the valve cover and check valve positions to be certain. Good Luck...........Bill V.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”