throw out bearing

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:32 pm

I see a lot of posts on throw out bearings not being greased properly well I got to ask were is this bearing located so I can grease it??

thanks

Re: throw out bearing

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:46 pm

mth74 wrote:I see a lot of posts on throw out bearings not being greased properly well I got to ask were is this bearing located so I can grease it?? thanks

I got the same question. Sounds like something that we should have demonstrated at DOCFEST, and i got a few tractors that we can demonstrate on...... :wink:

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:50 pm

There is a round hole (that should have a cover) in the bottom of the clutch housing. The bearing is pressed against the clutch to disengage the clutch. Look up with a flashlight and you will see a grease fitting.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:52 pm

lay on your back under the tractor looking up at the torque tube. that round hole with the cover (hopefully still on it ) go in there up to the throwout bearing and grease it once a year
Ron

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:54 pm

the bearing is located in the bell housing just behind the engine. If its the original graphite bearing it does have a grease zert but its hopeless to get grease to go in so the best thing is to open the access cover on the bottom to the bell husing then take a long putty knife with a good dab of dreas on it, reach up with the putty knife and dab some grease on the bearing face.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Mine always takes grease just fine. I had to learn the hard way that it needs to be greased. :oops: My onlt question is where is the weep hole for the grease to come out and let you know it is full?

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:05 pm

The weep hole is opposite the grease fitting. So it's on top in the bellhousing.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:51 pm

Use some eye protection, you can expect dirt to fall out in your face.