This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fuel Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fuel Question

Postby Maritimer » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:46 pm

I got one of my cubs finished the other day, so Since it was such a nice day, I decided to take it for a drive. I put the hood one it, hooked up the fuel line and filled it up with gas, started on my journey. I made it about 100 feet and it quit. It wasn't getting its fuel. I put a new fuel line on it and checked it and no fuel was comming. To make a long story short, it keeps getting air locked. I put an aux tank back on it and it runs fine. It has a new bowl assembly and line on it. It is all clear. but it keeps getting air locked. I took the cap off the tank thinking that may be it. Anybody have any idea's?
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:59 pm

If it is fuel starvation, it has to be either a vacuum in the tank or obstruction in the line. If loosening or removing the tank cap did not solve the problem, it must be an obstruction. Has the tank been cleaned? Can you see anything around the tank outlet screen? Try removing the sediment bowl assembly and checking the screen. You might also need to clean & seal the tank if you see rust particles etc. floating around.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:24 pm

No, the tank is clean. I took the bowl off and lots of fuel comes out of the assembly. One thing I did see though was when I was looking in the tank, bubbles were coming up from the fuel outlet in the tank.
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:08 pm

Maritimer: If you disconnect the fuel line where it enters the carb do you get a steady and continuous flow? Do you have an in-line filter which might cause the problem? Also, if the fuel line is empty, air may prevent fuel from reaching the carb. Disconnecting it at the carb should allow the air to escape and fuel to flow. Dan

Return to “Farmall Cub”