Wiring Harness Supports- Cub

Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:55 pm


Last week you folk were very helpful on my question about dismounting Cub nameplates.

New question: What do you guys use to replace rusted out wiring harness supports as in the ones which are under the gas tank. Are these available from dealer or can one obtain something similar elsewhere? If so , what and where?



Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:20 pm

Give JP Tractor Salvage a call. They should have some good used ones.


Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:30 pm

Hi Kajun

I don't now if these can still be purchased at an IH dealer or not, but tom at tmtractorparts.com might have some decent used ones or jptractor salvage.com may have some. Mine are all rusted up with the rubberized coating peeling off even the one welded to the bottom of the fuel tank. I have not done this because I don't know if they can still be had, but I was thinking of cleaning them up and dipping them in a product by rustolium that is used to rubberize tool handle, it comes in colors, I bought black, but never tried it yet as I am bogged down with mental illness and don't get much done. I bought it at a hardware store, but not sure which one, don't know if this will work, just a thought if you cant find any others in good condition or new. Paul K in N.H.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:52 am

TM does have them advertized, however his site is closed until the 21st to attend the IH Spring Roundup.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:12 am

Might check with OEM Tractor 800-283-2122 or http://www.oemtractorparts.com

Wiring Harness Supports- Cub

Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:17 pm


Once again you fellows have my thanks. Good suggestions all.