This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

hyd by-pass block build attemp

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

hyd by-pass block build attemp

Postby cjpenny89 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:42 am

Well With some help from a fine fella over on ytmag site I have made a detailed drawing of the cub/140/super-A hyd by-pass block.
I am going to attempt to make this in the shop after work. I hope all works out well. Problem is I wont be able to test it for a while till I get the money to spend on a remote cylinder and a control valve system.
My plans are to buy a double spool control valve so that I can replace my fast hitch control rod with a hyd cylinder for lift and then have a remote cylinder so I have power angle on my 1-point back blade. I am assuming this will leave me full contol of the front cub hyd system? If so this would let me leave the front grader blade on as well. Does this sound feisable to you guys? I have started to lay the ground work to what I need to buy and fittings and such. Wish I could test out this by-pass block first before I go buy all my parts. Is there anyone already set up to use a by-pass block? Maybe I could ship you mine and you could see if it works or if I need to adjust anything?
if anyone has done anything close to what I plan on doing please give me any advice you may have.
Thanks
Chad
oh does anyone have any spare hyd parts for sale for a good price cylinders double acting and valves?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:28 pm

Also interested in either buying a flow block or fabricating one like yourself. Could you please post a picture/ drawing on the forum, or may be send one to my e-mail? I was thinking of running a log splitter off the newly rebuilt hydraulics and need a flow block like this to accomplish the task. Are there any places that sell these blocks?
Please let me know Chad
Thanks,
-Eric

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:12 pm

Check with WKPoor on this board. I think he may be able to help. Send him a PM or an email.

How's that Bill :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Donny M on Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:48 pm

I got a new IH block for $50 from http://www.hoober.com/home/home.htm They have always came up with my parts. Seems they can check all other dealers. They respond very fast. Here is the number of the block. http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/bypass_block_001.htm
Young man for work, old man for advice

Return to “Farmall Cub”